Choosing child care is one of the most important decisions families make, but all too often they must rely on word-of-mouth.
Child care resource and referral organizations (R&Rs), located throughout the country, help parents take the guesswork out of choosing care – arming them with referrals and information about the elements of quality care and state licensing requirements, as well as the availability of child care subsidies.
Because the child care needs of every family vary, resource and referral counselors provide guidance by phone, in person, and online, that are tailored to each individual family.
Child Care Aware Parent Network webinars are presented by child care experts to give you information about high-quality child care and other relevant topics. They are designed specifically for busy parents, grandparents, advocates, and professionals who want to learn more but have very little time. Our educational webinars are always FREE to you! For pre-recorded, on-demand webinars, visit Child Care Aware.
More Information for Parents
- Who to call for free help in finding child care in California
- Tips on finding child care that works for your family
- TrustLine: California's Background Check for In-Home Child Care
- Finding help to pay for child care
- Get involved in advocating for quality, affordable child care in California – through Parent Voices
- Child Care Aware - national child care information and advocacy group for parents
- How to contact the child care licensing office in your community
- If you have any trouble locating the child care information you need, please contact us by phone on our toll-free Consumer Education line at 1.800.543.7793.